This book shows you how to create architectural drawings and 3D models one step at a time. Brief explanation and step-by-step instructions make this book a perfect way to get started with Architectural Design using AutoCAD. In addition, you can download the working files for chapter from the website, and use them for any help. Author first introduces the AutoCAD interface, and then moves directly into Architectural drawings. You will learn to draw walls, doors and openings, windows, stairs, and elevations. Later, you will use the 2D drawings to create a 3D model. Some of the skills you can acquire from this book are:
• Import Hand-drawn drawings and use them to create CAD drawings
• Use Dynamic Blocks to create doors and windows
• Add dimensions and annotations to the drawing
• Create elevations and 3D model Part 1: Creating 2D Architectural Drawings
• Inserting Hand Sketches
• Scaling the Hand Sketches
• Saving the Document
• Creating Layers
Layers are very important for grouping objects in a drawing. Layers are like a collection of transparent sheets that are combined to form a complete drawing. The drawing below consists of object lines and dimension lines. In this example, the object lines are created on the ‘Object’ layer and the dimension lines are created on the ‘Dimension’ layer. Turning off the ‘Dimension’ layer makes the object lines more visible. This book shows you everything you need to know about the different layers and commands in AutoCAD, which will greatly help you in extracting professional engineering drawings.
AutoCAD 2017 for Architectural Design helps you learn AutoCAD with a project-based approach. This book is written for students and engineers who want to learn AutoCAD 2017 to create 2D architectural drawings and 3D models. Topics covered in this book include:
- In Part1, Creating 2D Architectural Drawings, you will create architectural plans and elevations. You will also learn how to add dimensions and annotations and print the drawings.
- In Part2, “Creating 3D Architectural Models,” you will learn how to use 2D drawings to create 3D models.
- In Part 3, “Rendering,” you will learn how to locate the model on a live map, add materials to objects, add lights and cameras, and generate photorealistic images.